Craig Corporate was delighted to once again sponsor, judge and attend The Herald Scottish Family Business Awards 2018. The awards were held at the Radisson hotel Glasgow on 5 December 2018.
The event provided the opportunity for Scotland’s best family firms to celebrate their success and enjoy their moment in the spotlight. Two thirds of companies in Scotland are family businesses making them an integral part of the Scottish economy.
The awards, across 11 categories, showcased the strength and diversity of family businesses in Scotland.
The categories and winners are detailed below:
- Scottish family business of the year (small/medium) – Peacock Salt
- Commitment to the community – CPR Scotland
- Customer service excellence – Mearns & Company
- Scottish family business of the year (large) – Zonal Retail Data Systems
- Fastest growing family business – CPR Scotland
- Rural family business (small/medium) – Cruise Loch Ness
- Green family business of the year – Henderson’s of Edinburgh
- Rural family business (large) – Bells Food Group
- International growth award – Douglas Laing & Co
- Business innovation award – MDive
- Outstanding contribution – Sir John P Campbell and Glenrath Farms
As a member of the judging panel I had the opportunity to discuss the entrants at some depth with fellow judges. The judges were from media, insurance, banking, financial services and education. The discussions and debates were lively and lengthy. The judges were really impressed with the submissions received from entrants which emphasised the quality and breadth of Scottish family businesses.
Thankfully consensus was reached amongst the judges and winners were agreed.
The awards night was a great success and enjoyed by all – judges, guests, nominees and of course the winners. Congratulations to them and all involved.
The picture below shows Craig Corporate Director Neil Grimmond presenting the award for Scottish Family Business of the Year (Large), sponsored by Craig Corporate, and with the winners Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited.
We are already looking forward to next year’s event.